Sunday, January 10, 2010

Locals Tournament Report

It's been a while since I've run an anti-meta deck, so I decided to go for it today. I built the deck last night, and made some changes after playing my bro's zombies.

Match 1: Ldub, Hopeless Dragon
Round 1- It's been about 7 months since Ldub has played competitively, so I figure he's rusty. I'm able to keep advantage with BTH, Torrential, etc. He scoops after he runs REDMD, Dark Horus, Wyvern into a Mirror Force
Round 2 - Dusts my Oppressions, but Gemini Spark and Hero Blast help me stay toe-to-toe with him. I Solemn a Phantom of Chaos to give me game.

1-0

Match 2: Junk Synchro
Round 1 - I Oppression his Junk Synchron to Tuningware combo. Smashing saves me from Gorz. He gets rid of all 3 Oppressions, but Blast/Spark give me game.
Round 2 - Bribe saves my ass, SIM lets me take control for the rest of it.

2-0

Match 3: Spellcaster Synchro Village
Round 1 - Very slow game with me trying to get over GK Guards and Spies. I Oppression his DAD, tribute for Cyber Dragon to begin beatdown of GKs. Blast/Spark give me game.
Round 2 - More of the same thing, but SIM messes up his Breakers/GKs. I win in time (5300-2100).

3-0

Match 4: T, Zombies
Round 1 - We've tested against each other quite a bit, so this match could go either way. Gorz gives him control for a few turns until I draw into Spark. Oppression takes care of the rest.
Round 2 - He Dusts my Oppressions, but SIM messes up any Goblin Zombie/Caius plays. I have control throughout the entire match, and he eventually scoops when he has no way around SIM and in hand Honest.

4-0

So our locals doesn't cut a Top 4 >_> . I get 5 Turbo Packs with 3 Crush Cards, 1 Armageddon Knight, 1 Grandmaster =\.

Props:
Cyber Dragon
Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror
Gemini Spark
Hero Blast
Ldub and T
Going undefeated

Slops:
Having to play Teammates
Obviously scaled turbo packs
Stupid high defense monsters
Dust Tornado
Getting hit by Dustshoot 5 times...

No comments:

Post a Comment