Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tournament Report - Updated Gemini City

I've been tweaking the Gemini City deck to fit this format, and I think I've finally found a build that works well for the March 2010 format. I make a quick side deck, so I hope all goes well for the coming tournament.

Round 01: V vs. Gladiator Beast
Prematch Thoughts - I've hated Glads ever since I started playing again because they beat up on my poor Dark Gaia OTK Deck =\. Testing showed me that Games 02/03 vs Glad are probably going to be my biggest issues (Dust, Trap Stun, Cold Wave, etc.), so I'm already planning ahead for that.
Game 01 - I get Drain early, and he has a hard time around it. He falls into my Stardust Road (wasn't expecting it), and I win from there.
Game 02 - He plays Cold Wave. I chain Spark to destroy his Bestiari, but he's able to Tiger out a Darius and Gyzarus me. I'm kind of pissed here because that's the first time I've ever lost a game with the deck.
Game 03 - He lets me build up a huge set up, so that he can win off of a set Trap Stun/Solemn. However, I Bribe his Stun, he Solemns my Bribe, and I Bribe his Solemn to maintain control over the game.

Round 02: V vs. Machina Gadget
Prematch Thoughts - I don't really foresee a problem with this match-up. CyDra, Rai-Oh, Drain, Oppression, etc. stop it all in its tracks.
Game 01 - He has Machina Fortress on the field, but I get Chimeratech off with the help of a Solemn.
Game 02 - Opening Heavy + Chimeratech + Oppression wrecks him.

Round 3: V vs. Blackwings
Prematch Thoughts - I know from testing that Blackwing is this deck's toughest Game 01 match-up since they play well under Drain/Oppression and Icarus is a bitch.
Game 01 - Oppression/Drain don't do shit and Icarus is a bitch >_>.
Game 02 - Consecrated Light/LJM shenanigans work well.
Game 03 - Consecrated Light/Spark/Hero Blast do the trick.

Round 4: V vs. Flamvell Synchro (catless)
Prematch Thoughts - I've never tested against this deck before, so I'm pretty excited about it. I expect Drain/Spark/Oppression/etc. to do well here.
Game 01 - I start off with a set Drain, he T-sets, I summon CyDra and flip Drain before attacking into Ryko. Hero Blast/Spark do the trick against Dog/Spy/etc.
Game 02 - He dusts my Oppression, summons Catastor with 2 backrow. I Heavy, Chimeratech out, and win from there.

Well that was a fun tournament. I'll have to make sure to be better prepared for Glads and Blackwings if I take this deck to a regional. Also, I didn't pull a holo in my Turbo Packs. I'm almost positive this store scales them >_>. By the way if you're interested in running this deck at locals/regionals/SJC/etc. please be sure to tell me because I'm very interested in how it runs for you.

Props:
Going undefeated with Gemini City again
Surprise Storm in the side
Double Cyber Dragon
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
Consecrated Light
Dark Bribe

Slops:
Dusts/Stuns/Icarus
Scaled Turbo Packs
Glads

1 comment:

  1. Dude this deck is awesome I am a fan of little city do you have Thunder Kings to spare?/ What would u want fir them??

    ReplyDelete